CECLC Student Leaders
As part of the César E. Chávez Leadership Conference outstanding student leaders will be recognized. These youth are role models for their peers and make a difference in the lives of the people they encounter within their school and community.
The Student Leaders will play an active role in the day-of the conference. They will be responsible for:
- Introducing the conference honored guests
- Introducing the conference keynote speaker
- Speaking at the Administrators Panel
- Participation in the CECLC Student Contests Presentation
- Participation in CECLC Scholarship Presentation
To be prepared for their roles at the conference, the Student Leaders are required to attend one pre-conference orientation meetings. The meetings will be facilitated by CECLC Committee members. Lunch will be provided. The orientation meeting schedule is:
Saturday, February 10
10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Western Oregon University
(Conference roles “walk through”)
Note: Students responsible for their own transportation. Please let the planning committee know if you need assistance. Efforts will be made to assist students with transportation and other needs to insure participation.
- Student Nomination Forms are distributed to participating high schools.
- Student Nomination Forms must be completed and returned to District Representative by December 15, 2017.
- Each District Area will select one or two Student Leaders from their area for the award.
- Note: Number of student leaders from each area is dependent on the number of participating students from that area.
- The District Representative will submit the name and nomination form of their Student Leader to Executive Committee by late January.
- The Student Leaders will be recognized and presented with their award at the Cesar E. Chavez Leadership Conference.
If you have any questions or need more information please contact your area representative.