CECLC Student Leaders
As part of the César E. Chávez Leadership Conference, every year outstanding student leaders are recognized to represent their school and area at the conference. These youth are role models for their peers and make a difference in the lives of the people they encounter within their school and community.
The Student Leaders will play an active role in the day-of the conference. They will be responsible for:
- Introducing the conference’s honored guests
- Introducing the conference keynote speaker
- Speaking at the Administrators’ Panel
- Participation in the CECLC Student Contests Presentation
- Participation in CECLC Scholarship Presentation
To be prepared for their roles at the conference, the Student Leaders are required to attend a pre-conference orientation training. The training will be facilitated by CECLC Committee members. Lunch will be provided. This year, the training is scheduled for:
Saturday, February 10, 2018
10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Western Oregon University
Note: Students Leaders are responsible for their own transportation. Please let the planning committee know if you need assistance. Efforts will be made to assist students with transportation and other needs to insure participation.
- Student Nomination Forms are distributed to participating area representatives in the CECLC planning committee.
- Student Nomination Forms must be completed and returned to area representatives by December 15, 2017.
- Each area will select one or two student leaders from their area for the award.
- Note: Number of student leaders from each area is dependent on the number of participating students from that area.
- The area representative will submit the name and nomination form of their student leader to the CECLC Planning Committee by late January.
- The student leaders will be recognized and presented with their award at the César E. Chávez Leadership Conference.
- Please note: The CECLC planning committee does not participate in the nomination or the selection of student leaders. That decision is made by the area representative and the area’s schools.
For more information or questions, please contact your area representative.