Thank you for your interest in becoming a Presenter at the 2020 César E. Chávez Leadership Conference
The 30th Annual CECLC will be on Friday, April 10, 2020.
Presenters will be expected to offer practical experience to help attendees increase their understanding, knowledge and skills in one of the particular strands of interest listed.
A. The Legacy of César E. Chávez (Leadership)
B. College & Careers (Financial Aid, Scholarships, College prep., Admissions)
C. Culture, Identity and Arts
Proposals will be evaluated on all of the following criteria:
- The proposed topic and presentation will enhance the skills of participants and/or provide participants with useful tools.
- Clearly explain how the presenter(s) intend to actively engage the audience in the session.
- Reflect diverse perspectives by offering different viewpoints or including presenter(s) from different organizations (if more than one presenter is proposed)
- Have goals that are clearly specified and achievable for the length of the proposed session.
- Presenters are limited to two co-presenters (three presenters total) and three panelists.
Please Note: High school student who are presenting are not allowed to join other workshops during the conference. High school students who are from schools participating in the conference are not allowed to participate as presenters. Exceptions can be petitioned and will be evaluated on an individual basis at the discretion of the high school and school representatives. To see the list of schools and representative contact information please visit: http://www.wou.edu/ceclc/participating-schools/
What you need to know about presenting at the conference:
- Sessions are 50 minutes in length.
- Session times available are 10am, 11am, 12pm, and 1pm
- Presenters are responsible for their own travel-related expenses
- Presenters with IT or Audio Visual needs will be scheduled in SMART rooms. DO NOT bring your own laptop or projectors
- Presenters will be provided with a complimentary breakfast/lunch, beverages and snacks.
Please Note: Due to the large number of attendees, students are assigned to workshops. Our goal is for them to have one workshop from each of the conference strands.