► General Rules
- Aquatic Center use is prohibited unless supervised by a Health and Wellness Center lifeguard.
- To ensure proper supervision and safety, the HWC reserves the right to limit the number of individuals in the pool.
- Swimmers must take a cleansing shower before entering the pool(s). The use of oils and body lotions is prohibited.
- Individuals with a communicable disease, skin disease, open sores, bandaged wounds, boils, inflamed eyes, or discharging nasal or ear passages are prohibited from using the pool(s). Dispose of bandages on minor cuts before entering the Aquatic Center.
- Individuals who have had diarrhea in the last two weeks are asked not to use the Aquatic Center.
- Immuno-compromised individuals should use caution when using pool(s).
- No food, gum or beverages are allowed on the deck or in the pool(s). (A plastic or metal bottle of water is the only exception, no glass containers)
- No person under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances may use the pool(s).
- No running on the deck, stairs, spectator area, or in locker rooms.
- Appropriate swim wear is required for all swimmers.
- Street clothes, street shoes, and see-through swim wear are prohibited.
- Wrestling, dunking, horseplay, excessive public displays of affection or chicken fighting is not allowed.
- Diving is allowed in the deep end in a controlled, guard-supervised setting.
- Only Coast Guard approved lifejackets are allowed as personal flotation devices within the lap pool with complete adult supervision.
- If a child is not able to move in the water without feet touching the bottom or needs to wear a Coast Guard approved life-jacket, the child is considered a non-swimmer.
- Only three non-swimmers per adult and the adult must be in the water within arm´s reach of the non-swimmer.
- Only five swimmers per adult and the adult must be able to directly observe the children at all times.
- Infants and toddlers are allowed in the pool(s) with plastic leak-proof bottoms or swim diapers.
- Only service animals are allowed in the Aquatic Center.
► Lap Swimming Rules
- All swimmers must “circle swim” (i.e., remain in the right half of the lane). Slower swimmers should stop at the wall and allow faster swimmers to pass.
- Water exercise equipment may be used during lap swims, but must not interfere with lap swimmers; lap swimmers have priority during lap swim times.
- Hanging on lane lines is prohibited.
- Aquatic exercise classes and swimming lessons can be conducted concurrently with open/lap swim times and shall have priority of use.
- Return any pool equipment to the storage bins after use.
► Therapy Pool Rules
- Elderly persons and those suffering from heart disease, diabetes or high blood pressure should consult their physician before using the pool. Persons using prescription medications should consult their physician before using the therapy pool.
- Therapy pool entry is permitted only at designated stairs.
- Items not allowed in the therapy pool include newspapers, magazines and other reading material.
► Aquatic Spectators
- Spectators and parents or guests will be asked to stay within the Aquatic Center spectator area.