Home » Staff
Dan Clark, Ph.D.
Location: ITC 205B
What I Do:
Since I have the pleasure of serving as the leader of such a wonderfully skilled and service-oriented staff, I mostly stay out of their way and let them do their excellent work. I am also happy to help you with:
- Instructional Design for all modes of delivery
- Outcomes and Assessment
- Curriculum Design
- Evaluation Design and Implementation
- Strategic Planning and Policy/Process Development
I have a Ph.D. in Adult Education from North Dakota State University and a Master’s in Instructional Design, Development, and Evaluation from Syracuse University. I have over 15 years of experience in higher education including service at colleges and universities in New York, Connecticut, North Dakota, and Utah. I live with my wife Kim and son Sam here in Monmouth.
Sue Monahan, Ph.D.
Associate Provost for Academic Effectiveness
Location: ITC 205C
What I do:
I work with faculty and administration as we build systems to align, assess and improve our curriculum, and report on our efforts to key stakeholders including faculty, students, university leaders and our accrediting agency (NWCCU). While this may sound dry, I mostly create and support opportunities for faculty to coordinate and collaborate, to teach and learn from each other as we constantly improve student learning. In my experience, when faculty get together to talk about student learning, amazing things happen. Nothing dry about that!
For the 2016-17 academic year, I am also facilitating the transition of WOU’s Interdisciplinary Studies program to faculty leadership.
While organizationally located in the Provost’s Office, I am pleased to have an honorary and spatial affiliation with the Center for Academic Innovation.
After three years as Dean of WOU’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, I moved into the Associate Provost role to focus on the systemic and creative work of continuous improvement. Before WOU, I was on the sociology faculty at Montana State University where I also served as Department Chair, Associate Dean and Director of Liberal Studies. I earned my Ph.D. and A.M. from Stanford University and my BA from Swarthmore College. This power point of a 2010 presentation at Auburn University captures my passion for collaboration as a way to solve problems and move forward as a community.
Weiwei Zhang, Ph.D.
Location: ITC 204C
What I Do:
- Support and coordinate functional aspects of LMS (Moodle). Troubleshooting technical issues and providing end-user support directly to faculty, staff, and students.
- Assist faculty and staff in the development of course materials and other instructional projects involving the use of technology.
- Conduct and coordinate faculty training and development activities that encourage innovative use of technology for teaching and learning.
- Develop and maintain documentation in support of instructional technology.
- Maintain currency on the uses of technology in teaching and learning, learning and evaluating emerging technologies.
- Assist faculty with online and hybrid course design.
- Research areas:
- Online teaching and learning
- Online course design
- Visual aid in classrooms
In the past I have worked at Oregon State University as an Education Developer/Trainer, and prior to my new position at WOU, I was the Foreign Language Instructional Technologist at Reed College for 3 years. I hold a Ph.D. in Education: Teacher Leadership from Oregon State University, a Master’s Degree in Education: Information Technology from Western Oregon University.
Location: ITC 204B
What I Do:
- Conduct and review operational fiduciary activities; such as accounting, budget tracking, and office purchasing.
- Prepare financial, state authorization, student data, and other relevant reports; and provide departmental BANNER SIS/FIS expertise, support, and training.
- Identify and recommend departmental process improvements.
- Student advocacy and support; collaboration with campus and external partners.
- Coordinate and publicize workshops and events, including the Community Lecture Series.
- Provide communication and public relations front-line support including website, events calendar, and social media.
- Manage compliance with interstate education regulations and NC-SARA membership.
My background includes experience in a variety of fields and roles, with an emphasis on technology. I hold a BA in Business from Holy Names University and a graduate degree from University of California Hastings.