Moodle Support Staff
Moodle Support staff
Vacant, LMS Support Specialist
Shawn Walker, Graduate Assistant (Spring 2018-), Course Support Specialist
Following earning an Masters of Art in TESOL at Portland State University, Shawn taught at Chemeketa Commmunity College for 5 years and INTO-OSU for 4 years. At OSU, she also incorporated her Bachelor’s of Art in Technical Communications (Eastern Washington University) into classroom strategies for teaching both academic and technical writitng to international STEM majors. Now at WOU, Shawn is happy to be part of the Moodle Support team while completing her Master’s of Science in Education: Information Technology
Adrienne Allardt-Wong, Graduate Assitant (Fall 2018-) Course Support Specialist
Adrienne graduated cum laude from Oregon State Univerisyt with a Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design and Sustainability, and monors in Psychology, Business and Entrepreneurship. While she was at OSU, she worked as a student worker for OSU’s Ecampus for 3 years, where she learned to use learning management systems and various computer programs to create exams, edit web pages, design graphics, caption videos, and contribute to course accessibility. After graduation, she worked for nearly two years at a small business specializing in the procurement of goods for humanitarian organizations. Currently, Adrienne is pursuing her Master’s of Science in Education: Information Technology.
Course support specialist responsibilities
- Mainly support online and hybrid courses that are assigned to them (by the Academic Technologist). Additional responsibility maybe assigned based on needs;
- Provides technical and logistical support for assigned online or hybrid courses; records, tracks and resolves all technical course support issues through phone calls, chat requests, email and personal contact for faculty and students;
- Assists assigned faculty with course maintenance including content management, changes in syllabus, schedule, assignment/assessment, and other content adjustments;
- Assists assigned faculty through the timely, efficient, and accurate course setup and archive process prior to each academic term;
- Sends informational email updates throughout the quarter, monitors student progress, and contacts students that have not accessed the course, or are late on assignments.
- Host Moodle Open House for students (open to all students)
- Other duties as assigned
Weiwei Zhang, Ph.D Academic Technologist (go to staff page)
- Assist faculty with online and hybrid course design.
- Conduct and coordinate faculty training and development activities that encourage innovative use of technology for teaching and learning.
- Assist faculty and staff in the development of course materials and other instructional projects involving the use of technology.
- Support and coordinate functional aspects of LMS (Moodle).
- Develop and maintain documentation in support of instructional technology.
- Maintain currency on the uses of technology in teaching and learning, tracking current literature, learning and evaluating emerging technologies.
Moodle Support Contact Information