Center for Academic Innovation
The Oregon iDesign Symposium, sponsored by the Center for Academic Innovation at Western Oregon University, provides a forum for a community of progressive Instructional Designers, Academic Technologists, and Educators to regularly share ideas, philosophies, and principles of good practice.
Our first gathering was held on July 15, 2016 at Western Oregon University.
- Collaborate on and share ideas about design, development, and curricular innovation(s).
- Serve as a network for collaborations, design resources, and ideas.
- Explore current and developing instructional technologies.
- Advocate for access to, and delivery of, effective teaching and learning.
Open to anyone interested in Instructional design, educational technology, and emerging pedagogies.
|10:00||Meet and Greet|
|10:20||Welcome – Dan Clark|
|10:30||Campus Reports – What’s New?|
|11:00||Panel: What do we need from our Instructional Designers? – Desired KSAs|
|12:00||Working Lunch (provided by WOU)
Open Discussion: What do we need AS Instructional Designers?
|1:00||Planning the Future for the Oregon iDesign Group|
- Please REGISTER BY 6/30/16 to guarantee your choice of lunch. Sign up with our registration form.
- Parking passes will be furnished.
- Overnight accommodations are available at Arbor Park on the WOU campus for $40/person.
- Seating is limited.
What do we need from our Instructional Designers? – Desired KSAs
This panel of regional Instructional design leaders will explore and discuss the critical knowledge, skills, and abilities that they desire in their instructional design and academic technology staff.
|Shannon Riggs||Director, Course Development and Training, Oregon State University Ecampus|
|Beth Hale||Learning Technologies Facilitator, Distance Education & Academic Technology, Chemeketa CC|
|Dan Clark||Director, Center for Academic Innovation Western Oregon University|
|Helen Y. Chu||Director, Academic Technology University of Oregon Libraries|
|Kathryn Linder||(Session Host) Research Director, Extended Campus, Oregon State University|
Friday, January 27, 2017
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Western Oregon University
*photo courtesy Stoller Vinyards
If you have questions, please contact the symposium coordinator:
Dr. Kristin Mauro | Western Oregon University 345 Monmouth Ave, Monmouth OR 97361
503-838-8157 | firstname.lastname@example.org.