Home » Student Absence Notification Request Form
Student Absence Notification Request Form
Student Absence Notification Information
In the case of an unforeseen emergency that will keep a student from attending class (generally more than one day), the student success team can help relay information to faculty in a timely manner. Please fill out the form below and submit it. If you are unable to return the form electronically, please call 503-838-8428 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of this form does not fulfill the student’s responsibility to maintain communication with their faculty. Faculty may require written documentation corroborating your absence(s) for emergencies including, but not limited to: death in the family, illness, or car accidents. Please forward documentation of your absence to the assistant director of student success, located in the Student Success and Advising office, APSC Building, Room 401.
Class absences can ONLY be excused by your faculty, except for absences related to military obligations. Notification of absences by the assistant director of student success is intended to provide students a method of relaying documented information to their respective faculty. All information is subject to an independent review and confirmation process by the assistant director of student success or the director of academic advising.
1. How much detail should I provide about my situation?
– Explain it for someone who knows nothing about you or your situation, but be concise. Provide evidence, such as a medical note for an illness, or service program for a funeral. Without enough information, your request may be denied.
2. How private is the process?
– The information will remain protected in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, which limits the sharing of information to institutional officials who only have an academic need-to-know.
3. What kind of documentation should I provide?
– Documentation may include, but is not limited to, a copy of airline tickets, gas receipts, funeral program, obituary, vehicle accident report, medical records, etc. Absence notifications will not be sent to faculty until appropriate documentation is provided.