Home » WOU Said Yes!
WOU Said Yes!
WOU SAID YES!
Congratulations on your acceptance to Western Oregon University! The following information is specifically intended to help new freshmen and transfer students make a successful transition to WOU.
Please note that most dates listed below apply to new students enrolling at WOU in Fall term. Those who will begin classes in Winter, Spring, or Summer term may have varying timelines, due dates and events. We invite you to contact the Office of Admissions toll free at 1-877-877-1593, option 1, or email@example.com if you have any questions.
- 1: Apply for Financial Aid
- 2: Create Your WOU Portal Account
- 3: Apply for WOU Scholarships
- 4: Apply for University Housing
- 5: Intent to Enroll and New Student Orientation/Registration
- 6: Required Documents and Forms - Due September 1!
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning October 1. WOU’s priority deadline to apply for financial aid is February 1st. WOU’s FAFSA School Code is 003209.
- Check your WOU email account frequently to see if the Financial Aid Office needs any additional information to give you a formal offer of financial aid.
- Watch your mailbox between mid-March and mid-April for your formal offer of financial aid.
- Review your rights and responsibilities as a recipient of financial aid.
- Go to wou.edu/accountlookup to create your online WOU Portal account. The Portal allows you to access a variety of important university services and information, including your student e-mail and financial aid, so be sure to remember your username and password! Note: This login information is different from the username/password created for the online application for admission.
- If you experience any difficulties creating your account for the WOU Portal, please contact the Admissions Office toll-free at 1-877-877-1593, option 1.
- Apply for WOU’s scholarships through your Portal no later than March 1 at 5:00pm. A list of scholarships and eligibility criteria is available at wou.edu/scholarships.
- Review the terms and conditions of your scholarships, then accept or decline them on your financial aid award.
- Apply for on-campus housing here. Building assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis and applications received by March 1 will have a higher likelihood of priority building placement. Freshmen who enroll at WOU within one year of high school graduation (regardless of class standing) are required live on campus for the full academic year (Fall, Winter and Spring terms). Transfer students are strongly encouraged to live on-campus, and options for upperclassmen housing can be found here.
- Check your WOU email account frequently to see if the University Housing Office needs any additional information regarding your building or roommate preferences.
- Watch your mailbox and WOU Portal in late July for your building assignment and roommate contact information.
- Return your housing contract to the University Housing Office in August.
- Intent to Enroll: All admitted students are required to notify WOU of their decision to enroll Fall term, defer to a later term, or cancel their admission through the Intent to Enroll form. Per National Association for College Admission Counseling guidelines, students are not required to accept or decline offers of admission until May 1. The Intent to Enroll form will be available beginning in early April if students would like to inform us of their college choice sooner.
- Orientation: Freshmen should register for a Summer Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) program in May. Event options will be held throughout May, June, and July. Transfer students should register for Transfer Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (TSOAR) in mid-April, and this event will be held on May 19, 2018. New students will register for classes at orientation.
- Visit the WOU Bookstore website to find required and recommended textbooks for your selected courses.
Turn in all required documents
- Transcripts: Freshmen must submit a final official high school transcript with senior year grades and graduation date no later than September 1st. Also, send any college or university transcripts and AP/IB scores. Transfer students must submit official transcripts from every institution they have attended. If you are taking spring and/or summer courses, please send your final official transcript with grades no later than September 1st.
- Revolving Charge Account Contract: This program allows students to pay their charges, such as tuition and fees, via installments each term. Submit the completed form to the Business Office.
- Health History Form and Immunization Information: WOU is required by law to assure all students have completed the Health History/Immunization information. Submit these items to the Student Health and Counseling Center.