Home » Transfer Application Procedures

Transfer Application Procedures

Transfer student application procedures


Dual enrollment agreements

WOU has a dual enrollment agreement with Chemeketa Community College and Clackamas Community College. Please contact the WOU Financial Aid Office toll free at 1-877-877-1593 for more information.


Transfer student procedures

  1. Complete and return an application for admissions and the required $60 non-refundable application fee or Oregon Public University Request for Deferral of Application Fee for Admission. Students can apply online at WOU: Undergraduate Application.
  2. Have an official, complete transcript sent from each college or university attended. To be considered official, transcripts must be sent directly to the Admissions Office from the issuing institution. Unofficial or student copies are not acceptable. Omitting an institutional record from your application may result in disciplinary action. The director of admissions reserves the right to rescind the admission of any student who falsifies information on their application for admission.
  3. Students with less than 36 transferable hours at the time of application are required to provide GED scores or an official high school transcript and ACT or SAT Reasoning Exam scores. Exception: ACT or SAT Reasoning Exam scores are not required for transfer applicants with less than 36 transferable, college-level quarter hours who graduated prior to 2012 with a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.75 or higher.
  4. Students who submit all required scholarship documents and have a complete admission file by the stated deadline will receive consideration for university transfer student scholarships. Contact the Office of Admissions or Financial Aid to confirm WOU’s scholarship deadline for transfer students.
  5. Acceptable records from accredited post-secondary institutions are evaluated by the Admissions Office to determine the student’s eligibility for admission to WOU. The amount of credit granted depends on the nature and quality of the applicant’s previous work. A student’s grade point average will be computed on the transfer credits attempted and will be used as the basis for admission. WOU does not recognize other institutions’ academic forgiveness policies.


Students from the surrounding Western states can transfer to WOU through the use of their state’s transfer degrees. These transfer degrees enable students to transition to WOU having met our Liberal Arts Core Curriculum (LACC).


  • California: California State University General Education Breadth (CSU-GE) and Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
  • Florida: General Education Associate of Arts from Florida State College at Jacksonville, Hillsborough Community College, and Saint Petersburg College
  • Hawaii: Articulated Associates of Arts from University of Hawaii
  • Washington: Direct Transfer Degree

Deferred Action or Undocumented Students

Undocumented students who earn a high school diploma or GED in Oregon and meet certain other requirements will be allowed to pay resident tuition rates, and will not be required to pay nonresident tuition rates for a set period of time.  For more information click here.




The Office of Admissions

toll-free at 1877-877-1593 | or e-mail: wolfgram@wou.edu | Location: APSC 408