Although math serves as the language of science and technology, it’s also the foundation for modeling, problem solving and communicating challenges. If math is a language you speak fluently, you should consider it for your major – especially if you want a career in which quantitative reasoning and logical thinking are key. Whether you want to teach math, work in finance or pursue computer science, WOU’s program will get you the skills you need.
credits required for the Mathematics major
students per class on average in the Mathematics program
of students are assigned multiple advisers devoted to guiding them through their four years at WOU
of students who apply to WOU are selected for admission
Sample Four-year degree plans
- Demonstrate problem-solving, modeling and technological skills
- Make rigorous mathematical arguments and work with axiomic systems
- Effectively communicate, both in writing and orally, mathematical and logical arguments and concepts.
- Computer scientist
- Business operations specialist
- Elementary and secondary math teacher
- Financial analyst
If your idea of math nirvana is a heavy dose of calculus, look no further. Our mathematics minor goes well with a chemistry major or a computer science major, but it also might be a good match for students majoring in education, geography or Earth science.