Home » Faculty & Staff
Faculty & Staff
Are you working with one or more students on a long-term project, presentation, or artwork?
Would you like to expose the students in your class to the culture of scholarship in your discipline? Or do you feel strongly about exposing our students to cross disciplinary experiences as part of their liberal art’s education?
The Academic Excellence Showcase is a unique opportunity for you to engage your students in a professional exhibit of scholarship across the disciplines. The success of showcase is made possible by the support and involvement of many faculty across campus and we hope you will consider joining in this celebration of student academic excellence.
How faculty can participate:
- Cancel your classes on showcase day to allow students to participate as presenters, attendees and volunteers.
- Design an assignment involving attending showcase presentations (regular or extra credit) to encourage attendance and promote deeper reflection and learning.
- Offer extra credit for being a volunteer on showcase day.
- Integrate a showcase presentation into your upper division spring courses as a major assignment.
- Talk to the students you mentor in scholarship and creative endeavors about showcase and offer to sponsor them as a presenter.
- Become a faculty sponsor.
- Think about becoming a session chair in your discipline.
- Think about serving on the AES planning committee or PURE executive committee.
We are hopeful that you will encourage your students to participate in this event.
Please contact the appropriate discipline-specific session chair listed here. If you don’t see your discipline or program represented please consider becoming a session chair!
Contact: AES Coordinator for additional information about this event.