WOU’s undergraduate learning outcomes (ULO’s)
ULO Assessment — Every year
Each year WOU selects 1-2 Undergraduate Learning Outcome’s for institution-wide review. Below you can find information and links for WOU’s assessment of ULOs. You will only participate in ULO assessment if you teach a course aligned (by Primary ULO) to that year’s ULO. Check course goals to see what your Primary ULOs are. You can expect calls for submissions towards middle of Fall, Winter and Spring terms. Submission due dates are December 31 (Fall), March 31 (Winter) and May 31 (Spring) of each year.
Alignment and assessment
In 2018-19, we are assessing Integrative Learning and Diversity university-wide.
- Integrative Learning Professional Learning Community
- Chair: Dr. Becka Morgan (Computer Science)
- New Integrative Learning rubric – now with larger text (original one-page version available here)
- Submission Form for 2018-19 – Integrative Learning is now open
- Diversity and Global Learning Professional Learning Community:
- Information for instructors submitting documentation to PLCs
- New Information on submission status for 2018-19 assessment.
In 2017-18, we assessed Written Communication and Inquiry & Analysis university-wide.
- Inquiry and Analysis Professional Learning Community (PLC)
- Information on submission status for 2017-18 assessment.
In 2016-17, we reviewed Quantitative Literacy university-wide.
- Report of the 2016-17 QL PLC (September 2017)
- Fall Campus Conversation: ULO Assessment (2016-17: Quantitative Literacy) — What next? (held on September 20, 2017)
The civic case for a liberal and transformative education
The economic case for a liberal and transformative education
Assignment Design and Library (LEAPTx )
All 16 LEAP rubrics : Helpful in thinking about other program outcomes and how to measure them