To achieve academic effectiveness at WOU, we:
- Align: We coordinate our teaching efforts
- Assess: We study learning as a community of scholars
- Evolve: We use what we learn to improve
- Excel: Together we succeed
News and timely links
- Check your COURSE GOALS
- In 2017-18, we will assess two ULO’s — Written Communication and Inquiry & Analysis — university-wide.
- Dr. Melinda Shimizu (Earth Science) is chair of the Inquiry and Analysis Professional Learning Community (PLC); IA Rubric
- Dr. Lars Soderlund (Writing) is chair of the Written Communication PLC; W Rubric
- Quick info on What/When for faculty who teach W or IA courses
- We will use Moodle — IA Instructors and W Instructors have been added to course shells for submission of materials.
- Graduate programs will use WOU’s new TK20 system to look at Analytic Inquiry this year.
Glossary of terms
Sue Monahan, Associate Provost for Academic Effectiveness
503-838-9216 | or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Location: ITC 205C