To achieve academic effectiveness at WOU, we:
- Align: We coordinate our teaching efforts
- Assess: We study learning as a community of scholars
- Evolve: We use what we learn to improve
- Excel: Together we succeed
News and timely links
- Check your COURSE GOALS
- In 2017-18, we will assess two ULO’s — Written Communication and Inquiry & Analysis — university-wide.
- Dr. Melinda Shimizu (Earth Science) will chair the Inquiry and Analysis Professional Learning Community (PLC).
- Dr. Lars Soderlund (Writing) will chair the Written Communication PLC.
- Contact Dr. Erin Baumgartner (Chair, AFSC, firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in serving on either of the PLCs.
- Additional information for faculty who teach W or IA courses
- Assessment reports for 2016-17 academic year are due October 31, 2017: Template
- Updated Assessment Plans for Program Learning Outcomes were due June 1, 2017: Template
- Accreditation Update Summer 2017
- Why Accreditation? Earning the Public’s Trust
Glossary of terms
Sue Monahan, Associate Provost for Academic Effectiveness
503-838-9216 | or e-mail: email@example.com | Location: ITC 205C