Scholarship & Woman of the Year Award
Jeanne Deane Abby’s House Scholarship
The scholarship award is $1000, equally divided over three terms. The scholarship recipient must be willing to volunteer at Abby’s House 5 hours per week each quarter throughout the academic year.
The scholarship is awarded to one student each year. This scholarship is not automatically renewable, although the student may reapply for the scholarship the next year.
- Applicants must be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate coursework at Western Oregon University
- Applicants must be a current or new student who has completed at least 100 credit hours
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in your major field of study
To apply go to: https://wou.academicworks.com/opportunities/426
Application review and award selection will be conducted by the Abby’s House Board of Directors after April 15th. The scholarship recipient will receive an award letter at the address indicated on the application.
If you have questions or concerns about the scholarship, please contact us by email email@example.com or phone 503-838-8219.
Congratulations to the Jeanne Deane 2019-2020 Abby’s House Scholarship recipient:
Susana Cerda Ortiz
Woman of the Year
Congratulations to the Abby’s House Woman of the Year 2019:
Dr. Breeann Flesch
Previous recipients of the Woman of the Year Award:
- 2018 Debbie Diem, former Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs
- 2017 Amy Hammermeister Jordan, Health and Exercise Science
- 2016 Dr. Doris Cancel-Tirado, Health Education
- 2015 Charisse Loughery, former Student Conduct Coordinator
- 2014 Malissa Larson, Director of the Office of Disability Services
- 2013 Dr. Emily Plec, Communications
- 2012 Carli Rohner, former Assistant Director of Wellness Education